Effective Date: July 30, 2017
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SITE
When you use the Site, create an account to use the Site (or someone, such as your organization’s administrator, creates an account on your behalf) or otherwise communicate with us (e.g. via email), PII will be collected by us. The PII collected is as follows:
Your business address.
Your business telephone number.
Your business email address.
Any customer testimonial you have given us consent to share on the Site (please see below “ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION” for information about how to update or delete your testimonial).
Information you provide to the Site’s Interactive Areas. Note that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. You may take down any information you have added to the Interactive Areas at any time. (Please also see below “ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION” for information about how to delete information we hold about you).
To request removal of your personal information from an Interactive Area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you provide via fillable forms or text boxes.
Information regarding the device you are using, comprising the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information, IP address, and/or platform information.
Information about all of your interactions with the Site (“Usage Data”) and how the Site is performing (“Analytics Data”). Usage Data may include information regarding any interaction you have with the Site, such as which functionalities are used and the frequency of use (e.g., pages visited, actions taken, queries run, fields added, user accounts, account roles, and connected database types).
Information gathered through cookies, pixel tags, logs, or other similar technologies. See “COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES” section below.
As well as the processes described above, you may also choose: not to provide certain PII when requested (e.g. via forms available on the Site); and/or to opt-out of the collection of certain PII by us, by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Looker may use the PII collected by the Site as follows:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, or services, and to provide customer service and support.
- To administer your account if you have registered on the Site.
- To enable your access and use of the Site, and to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share information with those you designate.
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To inform you about our products and services.
- For legal compliance, such as to enforce our legal rights, to comply in good faith with applicable laws, and to protect users of the Site.
- For other general business purposes, such as: to provide, operate, maintain, make modifications to and improve the Site, and for marketing, advertising, research and development.
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
See also “COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES” section below for information about how information generated using these technologies is used.
Looker also may collect via the Site information that does not identify or locate you personally and Looker reserves the right to maintain, disclose, or otherwise use such information without limitation including aggregated with other information to improve the Site and services offered by Looker.
Except as provided below, Looker will not share PII with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure.
In certain circumstances, Looker may share certain PII with third-party service providers that need your information to provide the following operational or other support services to Looker:
- Email marketing.
- Data management.
- Database hosting.
- Payment card processing.
- Shipping services.
- Communication services.
- Cloud services.
To ensure the confidentiality and security of your PII, such service providers must agree to safeguard your PII shared with them, if any. These service providers are also restricted by contract from using your PII in any way other than to provide services for Looker.
Looker may also provide your PII to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, including in connection with national security or law enforcement requirements. This may include disclosures: to respond to subpoenas or court orders; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Service Agreement, or as otherwise required by law. In each case, we will make reasonable efforts to verify the validity of the request before disclosing your personal information.
- To enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site.
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing serious bodily injury or death of any person.
Looker may also share your PII with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners, to facilitate our global operations and in accordance with applicable laws. We may also provide your PII to a third party in connection with a merger or acquisition of Looker, either in part or in whole, or the assignment or other transfer of the Site. In such event, such third party will either:
- involving your PII collected before such merger, acquisition, assignment or other transfer, inform you and get your express affirmative consent to opt in to the new practices; and/or
- involving your PII to be collected after such merger, acquisition, assignment or other transfer, inform you in some prominent manner enabling you to make a choice about whether to agree to the new practices.
You may choose to opt-out of allowing your PII to be shared with certain third-parties. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will do our best to respond in a timely manner and grant your request to the extent permitted by law.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or in an email message that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on a website. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open.
- are essential for us to provide our Site to you;
- help us optimize, personalize and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Site and our service and marketing-related communications with you; and
- enable advertising delivered to you to be more relevant.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use or experience decreased functionality with parts of the Site. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We track visitors to the Site over time (see “COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES” section above), We do not track visitors to the Site across third-party websites and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track signals in these circumstances. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content. If you are visiting such sites, many browsers will allow you to set Do Not Track signals so that third parties know that you do not want to be tracked.
Looker’s third-party service providers serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Some of these ads may be personalized for you based on information collected from your use of the Site. We do not share any of your PII with the third-party service providers that serve ads on behalf of Looker. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp if you do not wish to receive personalized ads from Looker on third-party websites.
The Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) offers useful information about Internet advertising companies, including information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org/participating-networks for the list of NAI members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
EMAIL MARKETING PREFERENCES
Looker respects your email marketing preferences. If you prefer not to receive promotional email messages from Looker, you can unsubscribe from Looker’s email marketing list by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each promotional email, or go here looker.com/preference-center.
Looker protects all PII it collects via the Site with reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Any sections of the Site that collect sensitive PII use industry-standard secure socket layer (TLS/SSL) encryption. To take advantage of TLS, your browser must support up-to-date encryption protection, as found in the latest versions of most common browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
The Site is not directed to, nor intended to be used by, individuals under the age of 13. Looker does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Ensuring that PII we hold about you is accurate and complete is important to us. If you would like to request access to, correct or delete this PII, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify these requests and respond to you in accordance with our legal obligations.
INTERNATIONAL STORAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We primarily store information collected from you within the European Economic Area, the United States and in other countries and territories. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such personal information from around the world, including from other countries in which Looker has operations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- "Analytics Data" means information about how the Site and/or the Platform are performing.
- "Do Not Track" is a technology and policy proposal that enables users to opt out of tracking by websites they do not visit, including analytics services, advertising networks, and social platforms.
- "Interactive Areas" means the Site’s publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features.
- "Looker", "we" and "us" mean Looker Data Sciences, Inc.
- "NAI" means the Network Advertising Initiative.
- "Platform" means Looker’s software products, including the Looker Data Platform and Looker Data Apps.
- "Site" means the website at https://looker.com.
- "Usage Data" means information about all of your interactions with the Site and/or the Platform.