Effective Date: July 30, 2017
To the extent information provided by you in connection with the use of the Platform includes information that can personally identify and/or locate an individual other than you, it is your responsibility to ensure you have that individual’s consent and all rights to share this information with Looker.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE PLATFORM
When you use the Platform, create an account to use the Platform, and/or someone, such as your organization’s administrator, creates an account on your behalf, PII will be collected by the Platform. The PII collected by the Platform is as follows:
Your business email address.
Information you provide via fillable forms or text boxes (including your browser’s address bar).
Unique identifier(s) we assign to users as part of monitoring user experience.
Information regarding the device you are using, comprising the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information, IP address, and/or platform information.
Information about all of your interactions with the Platform (“Usage Data”) and how the Platform is performing (“Analytics Data”). Usage Data may include information regarding any interaction you have with the Platform, such as which functionalities are used and the frequency of use (e.g., pages visited, actions taken, queries run, fields added, user accounts, account roles, and connected database types.) Looker’s customers may disable tracking of Usage Data for the Platform by disabling tracking for all users of the Platform through the administrator panel. Analytics Data includes information gathered via Looker’s use of the Pinger service, which sends data to Looker concerning the performance of the Platform.
Information gathered through cookies, pixel tags, logs, or other similar technologies. See “COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES” section below.
Information contained in your organization’s Looker database used with the Platform, to which we have access when we automatically back it up and encrypt it.
As well as the processes described above, you may also choose to contact the organization which provided you with access to the Platform, to request that we no longer collect certain PII from all Platform users authorized by that organization.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Looker may use your PII collected by the Platform as follows:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, or services, and to provide customer service and support.
- To administer your Platform user account.
- To enable your access and use of the Platform, and to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share information with those you designate.
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To inform you about our products and services.
- To monitor your user experience.
- For legal compliance, such as to enforce our legal rights, to comply in good faith with applicable laws, and to protect users of the Platform.
- To enable Looker to proactively help customers maintain the performance and functionality of deployments of the Platform.
- To enable Looker to verify your license to use the Platform.
- For other general business purposes, such as: to provide, operate, maintain, make modifications to and improve the Platform, and for marketing, advertising, research and development.
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
See also “COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES” section below for information about how information generated using these technologies is used.
Looker also may collect via the Platform information that does not identify or locate you personally and Looker reserves the right to maintain, disclose, or otherwise use such information without limitation including aggregated with other information to improve the Platform and services offered by Looker.
Except as provided below, Looker will not share PII with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure.
In certain circumstances, Looker may share certain PII with third-party service providers that need your information to provide the following operational or other support services to Looker:
- Email marketing.
- Data management.
- Database hosting, such as Github.
- Payment card processing.
- Shipping services.
- Communication services.
- Cloud services.
To ensure the confidentiality and security of your PII, such service providers must agree to safeguard your PII shared with them, if any. These service providers are also restricted by contract from using your PII in any way other than to provide services for Looker.
Looker does not share the information contained in your organization’s Looker database used with the Platform with the above third-parties.
Looker may also provide your PII to a third party if:
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, including in connection with national security or law enforcement requirements. This may include disclosures: to respond to subpoenas or court orders; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Service Agreement, or as otherwise required by law. In each case, we will make reasonable efforts to verify the validity of the request before disclosing your personal information.
- To enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Platform.
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing serious bodily injury or death of any person.
Looker may also share your PII with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners, to facilitate our global operations and in accordance with applicable laws. We may also provide your PII to a third party in connection with a merger or acquisition of Looker, either in part or in whole, or the assignment or other transfer of the Platform. In such event, such third party will either:
- involving your PII collected before such merger, acquisition, assignment or other transfer, inform you and get your express affirmative consent to opt in to the new practices; and/or
- involving your PII to be collected after such merger, acquisition, assignment or other transfer, inform you in some prominent manner enabling you to make a choice about whether to agree to the new practices.
If you wish to opt-out of allowing your PII to be shared with certain third parties, you may choose to contact the organization which provided you with access to the Platform, to request that we no longer share such PII in respect of all Platform users authorized by that organization.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services, such as the Platform. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or an email that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on online services, such as the Platform. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open.
- are essential for us to provide the Platform to you;
- help us optimize, personalize and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Platform and our service and marketing-related communications with you; and
- enable advertising delivered to you to be more relevant.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use or experience decreased functionality with parts of the Platform. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We do not track visitors to the Platform over time and across third-party websites and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content. If you are visiting such sites, many browsers will allow you to set Do Not Track signals so that third parties know that you do not want to be tracked.
Looker’s third-party service providers serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Some of these ads may be personalized for you based on information collected from your use of the Platform. We do not share any of your PII with the third-party service providers that serve ads on behalf of Looker. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp if you do not wish to receive personalized ads from Looker on third-party websites.
The Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) offers useful information about Internet advertising companies, including information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org/participating-networks for the list of NAI members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
EMAIL MARKETING PREFERENCES
Looker respects your email marketing preferences. If you prefer not to receive promotional email messages from Looker, you can unsubscribe from Looker’s email marketing list by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each promotional email, or contact us at email@example.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. Note: Please allow 5 business days to be removed from email communications."
Looker protects all PII it collects via the Platform with reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
The Platform is not directed to, nor intended to be used by, individuals under the age of 13. Looker does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Ensuring that PII we hold about you is accurate and complete is important to us. If you would like to request access to, correct or delete this PII, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will verify these requests and respond to you in accordance with our legal obligations.
INTERNATIONAL STORAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We primarily store information collected from you within the European Economic Area, the United States and in other countries and territories. To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer and access such personal information from around the world, including from other countries in which Looker has operations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- "Analytics Data" means information about how the Site and/or the Platform are performing.
- "Do Not Track" is a technology and policy proposal that enables users to opt out of tracking by websites they do not visit, including analytics services, advertising networks, and social platforms.
- "Interactive Areas" means the Site’s publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features.
- "Looker", "we" and "us" mean Looker Data Sciences, Inc.
- "NAI" means the Network Advertising Initiative.
- "Platform" means Looker’s software products, including the Looker Data Platform and Looker Data Apps.
- "Site" means the website at https://looker.com.
- "Usage Data" means information about all of your interactions with the Site and/or the Platform.