Last Modified: April 1, 2021
The Looker TSS provides technical assistance for the Services, access to the Documentation and update/upgrade releases for the Services. Unless otherwise noted in the Order Form, Google shall provide TSS (as specified below) during the Term. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meaning given to them in the Agreement.
2. SUPPORT TERMS
Technical Assistance. The Looker TSS’ staff shall provide technical assistance to support the administration of the Services to the Customer’s Authorized Contacts in accordance with the terms below. Customer agrees that only Authorized Contacts will contact Google for TSS and that Customer, and not Google, shall be responsible for providing front-line support to Customer’s End Users. TSS do not include Jumpstart Enablement Services or Professional Services.
Support Availability. The Looker TSS’ staff is available to provide in-app chat support to an Authorized Contact in accordance with the terms below. Eligibility for chat support requires an active User license for the Looker Software and will only be provided to an Authorized Contact.
Maintenance. To ensure optimal performance of the Services, Google performs periodic Maintenance. In most cases, Maintenance will have limited or no negative impact on the availability and functionality of the Services. If Google expects planned Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Services, Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of the Maintenance. In addition, Google may perform emergency unscheduled Maintenance at any time. If Google expects such emergency unscheduled Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Services, Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of such Maintenance. Maintenance notices noted above will be provided via an email to the Notification Email Address.
Language of Support. Unless specific arrangements are made in writing in advance, all Customer Support will be provided in English.
Scope of Support. Google is not obligated to provide TSS if: (a) the Services have not been used in a manner consistent with the Documentation; (b) Customer has disabled connectivity required for TSS; (c) the Services have been altered or modified by any party other than Google; (d) an upgrade, update or patch that Google has recommended and made available has not been installed due to Customer’s actions or instructions; or (e) Google is not able, after commercially reasonable efforts, to replicate an error or problem in the Services within the Looker TSS laboratory environment. Google does not provide support for third-party software or hardware.
3. ISSUE REPORTING
Issue Severity Definitions:
- S1 - Critical: Complete loss of application functionality causing a critical impact on business operations.
- S2 - Urgent at looker dot com: The Services are operative but degraded causing a significant impact on business operation.
- S3 - Tolerable: The Services are usable, non-critical functionality or components are affected, most operations are unaffected.
- S4 - Question: Includes general questions, requests for documentation, or other non-critical system related issues. Operations are not affected.
Reclassification. Google may reclassify the priority level upward or downward and modify the order, classifications and method of responding to and/or addressing such issues, if any, at any time.
Priority Response Time.
Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond within the Response Time set forth below in accordance with: (a) the specific priority level assigned by Google, and (b) the Support Services Plan purchased by Customer.
Google’s response consists of either: (a) Google remediation of the support issue, or (b) confirmation that Google has received the support issue reported and indication of active remediation efforts.
Issue Severity Level
(Business Hours/Off Hours)
(Business Hours/Off Hours)
||1 hour/2 hours
||8 hours/12 hours
||4 hours/6 hours
||12 hours/Next Business Day
|S3 & S4
||1 Business Day/2 Business Days
4. SERVICES UPDATES
New Releases. During the Term, Google will notify Customer of new Services releases if and when they are made available. Releases may include Services version updates, feature releases, and patches.
End of Life Policy. Google provides active support to the most recent minor release (e.g. 6.4), the previous two minor releases (e.g. 6.2, 6.0) and the most recent Extended Support Release. Beyond these releases, we consider versions End-of-Life (EOL) as designated by the Officially Supported Releases at looker.com/docs/supported-releases.
5. TERMS OF SUPPORT SERVICES PLAN
Support Services include the following:
- Access to 24/7 email case submission
- Access to 24/7 Customer community forum
- Customer may request voice or chat support via email for S1 and S2 issues to “urgent at looker dot com”
- Access to in-app Chat during Business Hours and Business Days only
- 1 hour response for Severity 1 issues during Business Hours
- 2 hour response for Severity 1 issues during Off Hours
- Unlimited number of support cases
- Unlimited number of Authorized Contacts
- “Authorized Contact” means an individual who has either of the following: (i) completed training (including implementation training) or (ii) certified partner status including implementation training.
- “Business Days” means Monday through Friday, excluding US, UK and Japan local holidays.
- “Business Hours” means between 17:00 on Sunday to 17:00 on Friday Pacific Time Zone.
- “Maintenance” means maintenance work that is performed on hardware or software delivering the Services.
October 30, 2020 (applicable to agreements executed October 30, 2020 - March 31, 2021)
June 1, 2020 (applicable to agreements executed June 1, 2020 - October 29, 2020)
March 9, 2020 (applicable to agreements executed March 9, 2020 - May 31,2020)
December 2019 (applicable to agreements referencing a support link and executed before March 8, 2020)