Last Modified: April 1, 2021
The Looker Premier Success Services provide technical assistance for the Looker Services, assistance from the Google Success teams, Screen Share support, and access to the Documentation and update/upgrade releases for the Looker Services. Unless otherwise noted in the Order Form, Google shall provide Looker Premier Success Services (as specified below) during the Term. Looker Premier Success Services are available at an additional fee, and if ordered, will be reflected in an Order Form. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meaning given to them in the Agreement.
2. SUPPORT TERMS
Technical Assistance. The Looker Premier Success Services staff shall provide technical assistance to support the administration of the Looker Services to Customer’s Authorized Contacts in accordance with these terms below. Customer agrees that only Authorized Contacts will contact Google for Looker Premier Success Services and that Customer, and not Google, shall be responsible for providing front-line support to Customer’s End Users. Looker Premier Success Services do not include Jumpstart Enablement Services or Professional Services.
Assistance from the Google Success Team. The Google Success Team will be available to Customer to assist with the following types of activities:
- Use Case Adoption and Onboarding Planning: Collaborate with Customer on plans for enabling End Users on new Looker Services use cases.
- Data Circles of Success: Facilitate conversations between Customers, designed to help Customers learn from each other, exchange best-practices, swap great solutions, and hear inspiring success stories.
- Business Reviews: The Customer Success Manager may lead business reviews in relation to the Customer’s goals with respect to the Looker Services and current state of those goals.
- Business Health Checks: Provide updates on current End User adoption and Google usage metrics provided by the Looker Premier Success Team upon request.
- Change Management and Adoption Guidance: The Premier Success Team may lead sessions, and provide guidance on materials to help streamline adoption of new use cases across the Customer’s business.
Assistance from Customer Success Engineers. Customer Success Engineers provide Customers with short consultations to provide direction, guidance and examples. Scheduled sessions require advanced notice, and are subject to rescheduling by Google due to staff availability. Examples of challenges suitable for Customer Success Engineering are:
- Customer Hosted Support: Advice on deployment and maintenance best practices related to the Looker Services when deployed on customer hosted systems. The scope of this support shall be limited to best practices regarding the configuration of the Looker Services, and will not involve advice on third-party applications or systems. In addition, Google is not responsible for the ongoing administration of, or changes made on third-party systems. The Looker Customer Success Engineers will provide advice and guidance only and will interface with third-party support teams if requested by the Customer and where reasonably practicable to do so.
- Google Architecture: Customer Success Engineers can provide Customer with best practices and general guidance on configuring its deployment of the Looker Services and End Users for Customer’s new and existing use cases.
- PBL Architecture: Customer Success Engineers can provide Customer with best practices and general guidance on configuring Google’s PBL offering.
- Google Query Performance and Optimization: Customer Success Engineers can provide Customer with best practices and general guidance to the Customer on optimization of the Looker Services.
- API Workflows: Customer Success Engineers can provide Customer with best practices and general guidance on how to build a Looker Service related workflow using the Google API for Looker Services.
Support Availability. The Looker Premier Success Services Team is available to provide in-app chat support to an Authorized Contact in accordance with the terms below. Eligibility for chat support requires an active Google End User license and will only be provided to an Authorized Contact.
Maintenance. To ensure optimal performance of the Looker Services, Google performs periodic Maintenance. In most cases, Maintenance will have limited or no negative impact on the availability and functionality of the Looker Services. If Google expects planned Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Looker Services, Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of the Maintenance. In addition, Google may perform emergency unscheduled Maintenance at any time. If Google expects such emergency unscheduled Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Looker Services, Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of such Maintenance. Maintenance notices noted above will be provided via an email to the Notification Email Address.
Language of Support. Unless specific arrangements are made in writing in advance, all Customer Support will be provided in English.
Screen Share Support. Screen Share Support provides Customers with the option to schedule a screen share with the Looker Premier Success Services Team to dig deeper into a support related problem. Screen shares must be scheduled ahead of time and are subject to availability.
Priority Issue Queue. Customer’s Support issues related to the Looker Services will be prioritized for troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Scope of Support. Google is not obligated to provide Looker Premier Success Services if: (a) the Looker Services have not been used in a manner consistent with the Documentation; (b) Customer has disabled connectivity required for Looker Premier Success Services; (c) the Looker Services have been altered or modified by any party other than Google; (d) an upgrade, update or patch that Google has recommended and made available for the Looker Services has not been installed due to Customer’s actions or instructions; or (e) Google is not able, after commercially reasonable efforts, to replicate an error or problem in the Looker Services within the Looker Premier Success Services laboratory environment. Google does not provide support for third-party software or hardware.
3. ISSUE REPORTING
Issue Severity Definitions:
- S1 - Critical: Complete loss of application functionality causing a critical impact on business operations.
- S2 - Urgent: The Looker Services are operative but degraded causing a significant impact on business operation.
- S3 - Tolerable: The Looker Services are usable, non-critical functionality or components are affected, most operations are unaffected.
- S4 - Question: Includes general questions, requests for documentation, or other non-critical system related issues. Operations are not affected.
Reclassification. Google may reclassify the priority level upward or downward and modify the order, classifications and method of responding to and/or addressing such issues, if any, at any time.
Priority Response Time. Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond within the Response Time set forth below in accordance with the specific priority level ultimately designated by Google.
Google’s response consists of either: (a) Google remediation of the support issue, or (b) confirmation that Google has received the support issue reported and indication of active remediation efforts.
Looker Premier Success Services Plan:
Issue Severity Level
(Business Hours/Off Hours)
||Next Business Day
4. LOOKER SERVICES UPDATES
New Releases. During the Term, Google will notify Customer of new Looker Services releases if and when they are made available. Releases may include Looker Services version updates, feature releases, and patches.
End of Life Policy. Google provides active support to the most recent minor release (e.g. 6.4), the previous two minor releases (e.g. 6.2, 6.0) and the most recent Extended Support Release. Beyond these releases, we consider versions End-of-Life (EOL) as designated by the Officially Supported Releases at looker.com/docs/supported-releases.
5. TERMS OF PREMIER SUPPORT PLAN
Looker Premier Success Services Plan includes the following:
- Access to 24/7 email case submission
- Access to 24/7 Customer community forum
- Customer may request voice or chat support via email for S1, S2 and upgrade related issues to “urgent” at looker.com
- Access to in-app Chat during Business Hours and Business Days only
- 15 minute response for Severity 1 issues 2 hour response for Severity 2 issues
- Unlimited number of support cases
- Unlimited number of Authorized Contacts
- Voice Support conducted via internet conference provider
Looker Premier Success Services Definitions
- “Authorized Contact” means an individual who has either of the following: (i) completed training (including implementation training) or (ii) certified partner status including implementation training.
- “Business Days” means Monday through Friday, excluding US, UK and Japan local holidays.
- “Business Hours” means between 17:00 on Sunday to 17:00 on Friday Pacific Time Zone.
- “Customer Success Engineers” are a team of experts ready to assist in Customer’s technical and business-related challenges via email, screen share, and voice.
- “Customer Success Manager” is a Google adoption and value realization expert who is assigned to the Customer during the term of the Looker Premier Success Services.
- “Google Success Team” consists of a Customer Success Manager and a pooled set of Customer Success Engineers, in each instance, linked to the Looker Services.
- “Maintenance” means maintenance work that is performed on hardware or software delivering the Looker Services.
Disclaimer: Looker Premier Success Services are not intended to operate as consulting services. No deliverables or work product is provided as part of the Looker Premier Success Services. All Looker Premier Success Services are provided remotely, unless mutually agreed by the parties, and subject to reimbursement of Google’s reasonable travel costs. The Looker Premier Success Services are a resource for Customer to use at Customer’s sole discretion, and by offering the Looker Premier Success Services, Google does not assume responsibility for completion of Customer’s projects, or promise to the Customer any specific outcome or functionality. The Looker Premier Success Services Team is not a full time resource and is subject to availability. Looker Premier Success Services are subject to the terms and conditions of Customer’s subscription agreement with Google (“Agreement”) entered into between the parties, which is incorporated herein by reference. All capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall be given the meaning assigned to them in the Agreement.
October 30, 2020 (applicable to agreements executed October 30, 2020 - March 31, 2021)
pre-Oct 2020 (applicable to agreements referencing the Premier Success link and executed on or before October 29, 2020)