Policy for Cookies and Related Technologies (Website)
Effective Date: May 22, 2018
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or in an email message that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on a website. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
More information on all aspects of cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that Looker has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
- are necessary to enable us to distinguish between users;
- are essential for us to provide our Site to you;
- help us optimize, personalize and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Site and our service and marketing-related communications with you (subject to compliance with the requirements of applicable law);
- help us to improve our Site; and
- enable advertising delivered to you to be more relevant.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use or experience decreased functionality with parts of the Site. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags.
If you use different devices to access the Site, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
More information on how to manage cookies is available from: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. Please note that Looker has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
In addition, you may opt-out from cookies by visiting the following websites and selecting which company cookies you would like to opt-out from: www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note that Looker has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third party websites.