Weather Source data is ideal for analytics and machine learning. Since 2015, Weather Source has enabled companies to quantify the impact of weather on their operations and reduce waste, increase return on investment, fine-tune logistics, deploy strategic marketing, improve resource planning, and more. Seamlessly integrate weather and climate data with your internal data for insightful analytics and actionable business intelligence.
Easily query hyper-local weather and climate data for the points of interest most relevant to your business — from lat/lon coordinates to geographically bounded areas such as ZIP or Postal Code, designated market area, metropolitan statistical area, and more.
The free Block includes a sampling of historical, county-level weather and climate data for the United States.
The premium Block provides historical, present/previous day, forecast, and climatology weather data for every landmass on Earth and up to 200 miles offshore. Weather Source’s data is delivered via its high-resolution OnPoint grid, which ensures that your location of interest is never more than 1.2 miles away from a grid point.
A sampling of the analysis this Block can enable includes:
- Retail & Food Service: Analyze weather’s effects on seasonal product sales and footfall traffic.
- Finance: Leverage weather data to find alpha and generate optimum trade signals.
- Real Estate: Monitor weather’s impact on asset locations.
- Energy: Anticipate weather anomalies and potential changes in demand.
- Logistics: Identify weather events and perils that result in delivery delays.
- Healthcare: Understand weather’s influence on emergency room and clinic visits.
- And More: Nearly every industry has some degree of weather sensitivity.