To get started browsing, follow these steps:
- Select Browse.
- Select Popular to browse the most visited content.
- Select Favorites to browse Looks or Dashboards that you have marked as a favorite.
- Select Recently Viewed to browse the most recently viewed content.
- Select the main Space (folder) that includes content you want to browse:
- Shared is a Space for saved content that is organized by topic or group, not associated with a particular user. To see this Space, you must have permission to view it.
- <Your name> is a personal folder for your own saved content. You can specify the permissions for your personal Space.
- LookML Dashboards is a Space that exists if your organization creates dashboards using LookML code. To see this Space, you must have permission to see LookML dashboards.
- Users is a Space which contains spaces for other users’ personal spaces.
- Navigate within the Space, as needed, as some spaces contain other spaces.
- Click on a dashboard name to view that dashboard, or click its gear to perform actions on that dashboard.
- Click on a Look name to view its saved query, or click its gear to perform actions on that Look.
Learning Basic Browse Skills
The following pages help you start sharing, downloading, or scheduling saved content:
- Finding Data in Looker - You can find content others have created such as Looks and dashboards.
- Viewing Data in Looker - You can view and interact with content such as Looks and dashboards.
- Sharing - You can share saved data with colleagues.
- Downloading - You can download data in various formats.
- Scheduling - You can schedule data to be sent to you, your colleagues, or an application on a regular schedule.
Learning Advanced Browse Skills
Once you have the basics down you may be interested in the following advanced browsing skills:
- Publishing Looks with Public URLs - You can use several methods to share a Look with people who don’t have a Looker account.
- Embedding Looks Privately - You can add content to a webpage and still require viewers to have a Looker account.
- Organizing - You can move or copy saved content (Looks and dashboards). You can also create or delete the Spaces which contain the saved content.
Combining Browse and Explore Skills
Once you know how to browse and share other people’s work you can learn how to start answering your own questions. Consider reading the exploring tutorial to learn how to build your own reports and graphs.