Looker provides example data that you can experiment with to deepen your understanding of Looker and LookML. These data sets are connected to learn.looker.com, Looker’s learning environment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get access.
E-commerce Store Data Set
This sample data set simulating an e-commerce store. The tables are simplifications, but they’re designed to be similar to tables you might encounter in the real world.
The e-commerce data set consists of 5 tables:
- users - Whenever a user signs up, a record is created in the users table.
- products - Information about products (the brand, category, item_name, etc.) is stored in the products table.
- inventory_items - Whenever something is received in inventory, a record is placed in the inventory_items
- orders - When a user makes a purchase, a record is written to the orders table with the date of the order, and the user that made the order.
- order_items - When an order is created, each item for purchase is written to the order_items table.
An Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) of the schema is below: