Looker has many administrative settings that will allow you to customize Looker for your organization. You can also monitor Looker usage and health. This page will show you how to get started with administration.
To get started with administration, follow these steps:
- Select Admin.
- On the left side, scroll to the desired section. Sections are shown in bold and are not clickable.
- Click a page name to view it. Pages are shown in regular, non-bold font.
- If you are an administrator setting up a Looker instance, start with the Getting Started Setting Up Looker tutorial.
- Looker administrators should study the pages in this documentation’s “Administer” menu to learn all of the settings, options, and information panels available to administrators. Some organizations have Looker host their servers, while others maintain their own servers. If you maintain your own, be sure to study the “On-Premise Management” section.
- To increase your skill level, consider coming up to speed on the following topics:
- To fully use the information panels in the Admin section, you should be comfortable with exploring data.
- Ideally an administrator is also comfortable with browsing data, especially with scheduling.
- Administrators may find it useful to understand at least some development tasks, which helps with understanding queries and persistent derived table creation.
- Finally, you may find it useful to learn the SQL Runner to run SQL from Looker using its database connections.