Announcing Looker 2.4, two factor authentication and LDAP
Jul 16, 2014
In Looker 2.4 we are announcing two new features to support your growing business: Two Factor Authentication (2FA) and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Protocol) integration.
Implementing 2FA gives your Looker instance an extra layer of protection by requiring users to authenticate using a mobile device (time-based one time password, or TOTP) in order to log in.
The new LDAP lets you authenticate users against your Active Directory or other LDAP directory server adding the convenience of shared information about users.
See the release notes below for a complete list of changes.
We welcome your product ideas, questions, and comments. Drop an email to help.looker.com.
Looker 2.4 (2014-07-09)
LookML / Projects
- New field parameter: "Format:" for print formatting (see docs)
- Totals working in all dialects as separate SQL query
- New element parameter: "show_applied_filters: false" (turns off dynamic filters in title of a dashboard element)
- New dashboard parameter: "refresh: 30 minutes" (will refresh data every 30 minutes if the page is open)
Enterprise, Platform, and Security
- LDAP authentication (see docs)
- Two factor authentication (see docs)
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Add/delete projects moved to admin panel